Roads and Ditches
- Contact the Township before installing or replacing any
drive culvert on a Township road. Contact the State or
County for their roads.
- A written permit is required; there is no charge for the
permit (form coming soon).
- Minimum culvert diameter is 12 inches.
- Larger diameter may be required in areas of high water flow.
- Minimum culvert length is 20 feet. 30 ft is recommended.
- The Township will determine whether a greater diameter is
needed, and determines whether the ditch must be cleaned
first. There is no charge to clean the ditch if needed.
- After approval of the permit, the resident may install the
culvert at his own expense or hire the Township to install it.
- For a fee of $300, the Township will provide up to 10 tons of
gravel and provide the labor and equipment to install the
culvert. Scheduling will be done at the discretion of the
- The owner must supply the culvert.